My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://alexis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

What not to Wear

Lately, I have been watching the show, 'What Not to Wear'. It is so funny seeing how ugly some outfits can be...and the brutal criticism is what I would like to say sometimes. (Hey, I'm being honest here)
However, I have been noticing a pattern in my overall mood with MY wardrobe. I have many outfits and more jackets. But every morning I have had the thought, 'I have NOTHING nice to wear!'. Not true. I have many things to wear. But when comparing (first wrong mistake) their outfits with my own, I see a huge gap. I just so happen to like Goodwill. I can find some Anne Klein pieces as well as some never-been-worn pieces too. I love a good deal/bargain. I believe I've written a post or two about it.
Saying all this...I see the unsatisfied thoughts to be quite kinda...well shall I say shallow? If I had a $5,000 dollar (Yes, that's how much they get on the show- sign me up!) credit card with my name on it I would be able to look equally as nice. I'm figuring out that I need to be satisfied in my own skin and not some tailor made on I buy.

Does this make any sense? It does to me at least, and I think that just me writing this helps. I have clothes that are great.

Tomorrow morning I will look in my closet and not sigh, roll my eyes or heck, I won't even wish I can more money to buy new things. I will wear what God has given me and be happy that I have what I have.

No comments: