My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://alexis.reachpolska.info
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Definatly one to look into!!!

I was looking at a new post and I have to show off her genius-ness. Who in their right mind actually likes metal mini blinds?! Nobody that's who. They are ugly, stiff and crinkle too much. So- this is going out to all of you, but especially you Melissa who gets to design a new condo. (jealousy!) This only involves fabric, scissors, hot glue and cheap blinds. I love it because of how cheap it is, you would be able to splerg on some nice up-to-date fabric. Shall I say Amy Butler?!

Here is a rough idea of her project. Oh, and I'll post anything with pompoms. I LOVE THEM!








Yellow is such an amazing contraast to the burlap fabric don't you think...and so funky. Love it.

Oh, and the journal I made and was frustrated with the bubbling effect? It's gone! It is seriously some sort of magic glue. Now when drinks or whatever spills on it, I just wipe it up! :)

Soome pretty Amy Butler fabric...

3 comments:

Melissa K. said...

Oh my gosh, I love this! Thank you so much for sharing! I was just thinking about how hideous my curtians are this morning...
Something to look forward to!

Emily said...

Hey Alexis, I love this idea!
We don't have any metal mini-blinds but I'll store it into the memory banks because this is awesome.

Becky Kraft said...

Oh my goodness!! I love it! I really dislike my ugly blue metal blinds and this is a great idea!!